“Our overall goal is to take care of the customer in a timely manner. If we react quickly to customer issues, we will get repeat business. Information we receive from the customer can help us improve the reliability of our product designs to benefit everyone.”
— Bryan VanDeVyvere, Quality & Process Improvement Manager, Civacon
Many of us rarely think about where products come from or how they arrived at their destination safely. Much of what we use and consume on a daily basis goes through many steps and precautions along the way through a company’s supply chain. Civacon is the world’s leading provider of cargo tank components and systems designed for safe, profitable handling and transportation of hazardous bulk products. Civacon’s vents, valves and other equipment help safeguard against petroleum, liquid and chemical spills and get dry bulk commodities to their destinations. In order to effectively manage complaints and quality issues, Civacon implemented the i-Sight Quality and Correction Action Software.
FREE Investigation Report Template
Prepare thorough, consistent investigation reports with our free report template.Download Template
Previously, the company logged issues in Excel spreadsheets and in its enterprise resource planning (ERP) software. Complaints went into one place and return merchandise authorizations (RMAs) into another, turning manual reporting into an unnecessarily lengthy process. The company maintains detailed records of product problems or process errors, to help identify the root cause of issues to take corrective action.
- Civacon stored complaints, return merchandise authorizations and correction action items in three different places.
- The company spent hours each month assembling reports on complaints, RMAs and correction actions.
- Reporting only on a monthly basis did not support swift corrective action.
The original system deployed at Civacon lacked desired functionality. Reporting was a significant concern at Civacon. Not only was the company looking for a solution to reduce reporting time, but the various departments at Civacon each had unique formats for reporting. The i-Sight system enabled Civacon to merge quality and corrective action into a single web-based application to simplify their processes and make reporting easier. According to Bryan VanDeVyvere, Quality & Process Improvement Manager at Civacon:
“Pulling our three processes together – complaints, RMAs and correction action – will save a lot of time. We don’t have to maintain three different areas of data in three different places.”
- i-Sight Quality and Correction Action Software merges customer issues, RMAs and corrective action items in one place for integrated reporting.
- The customizable software aligns with the company’s workflows, approval processes and notifications.
- Multiple departments across locations can enter issues in the web-based software.
Reporting on issues with i-Sight made it easier to get information into the hands of Civacon’s teams at a faster rate. In turn, they are able to identify trends and take corrective action, resulting in a decreasing number of complaints, costly returns and risk.
“Our overall goal is to take care of the customer in a timely manner. If we react quickly to customer issues, we will get repeat business,” VanDeVyvere said. “Information we receive from the customer can help us improve the reliability of our product designs to benefit everyone.”
- Civacon can run reports every week in a matter of a few clicks.
- The company has actionable information more often, enabling faster corrective action.
- Improvements will reduce overall complaints, costly returns and risk.
To learn more about how i-Sight can help your business effectively manage case loads and investigations, sign up for a demo.