After last year’s award of more than $30 million to a foreign whistleblower who provided key information leading to a successful SEC enforcement action, it’s clear that whistleblowers don’t need to be in the home country to reap the rewards of their actions. Last year’s award was the largest by the SEC to date and the fourth award to a whistleblower living in a foreign country.
Considering the possible implications of a complaint that goes to the SEC or DOJ, it’s in every company’s best interest to handle internal whistleblower complaints effectively, no matter where they come from.
Join Shannon Walker, President of Whistleblower Security, as she discusses the challenges of whistleblower complaints originating in foreign countries and best practices for handling them effectively.
Webinar attendees will learn about:
- Challenges of receiving whistleblower complaints from foreign countries (including language, time zones, cultural differences
- Most common complaints received by North American companies from foreign subsidiaries or branches
- Regulatory issues surrounding the receiving and investigation of complaints that come from outside North America
- Common pitfalls of investigating foreign whistleblower complaints
- Best practices for following up with foreign complainants