Watch employment attorney Allison West, Esq., SPHR, investigator, trainer and founder of Employment Practices Specialists, discussing the 10 biggest mistakes made in investigations.
- Key mistakes investigators make that can impact the outcome of an investigation
- What can happen when you don’t manage gossip or chatter in the workplace about the subject(s) of an investigation
- The importance of digging deeper to get relevant information
- Why selecting the right investigator can make or break your investigation
- Why it’s critical for an investigator to maintain independence
In 2000, after practicing law at a San Francisco labor and employment boutique, Allison West, SPHR started Employment Practices Specialists where she uses her employment law background, coupled with sound knowledge of human resources practices, to help employers create a safe, respectful and productive work environment. Allison specializes in conducting workplace investigations for employers of all sizes and industries on a variety of topics. Allison also delivers interactive investigation training programs for beginner to expert investigators. Additionally, Allison is a frequent, top-rated speaker on employment law topics at national and local HR industry conferences.