Under certain circumstances, it may be required that an investigation interview take place over the telephone.
Telephone interviews pose a number of challenges for investigators, as there are certain things that need to be taken into consideration when trying to get to the truth and get the facts when you are unable to see a person face to face. Expert investigator Don Rabon shares tips to help investigators overcome the challenges of telephone interviews.
- How to conduct telephone interviews
- Key differences between over-the-phone and in-person interviews
- Special considerations
- Recording telephone interviews, disclosure (different laws in different states)
- Detecting deception over the phone
- Exercises for developing and improving skills