A small percentage of people enable maximum privacy settings on their social media accounts, creating a valuable repository of free information for investigators. By ignoring this rich resource investigators risk missing out on one of the most effective sources for gathering online intelligence and may miss critical evidence that can be used in an investigation.
- Conducting preliminary searches.
- Techniques for searching social media sites including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram and more.
- How to search anonymously.
- A review of what pretexting is.
- How to preserve social media evidence.
- Tips for authenticating social media evidence.
- Legal considerations to keep in mind when searching social media for evidence in an investigation.