A comprehensive investigation plan should be created before beginning a new investigation. It’s the best way to ensure the investigation stays on track and keeps everyone accountable and following a logical process.
Use this detailed investigation plan template to ensure your next investigation starts off on the right foot.
An effective investigation plan:
- defines the scope of the investigation
- names all parties to the investigation
- lists activities and deadlines
- shows who is responsible for performing each task
- outlines risks to the investigation
- provides a launching point for the investigator to begin the investigation