The EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into effect on May 25th. This powerful legislation strengthens data privacy laws in Europe and has implications for companies all over the world that store, process or transfer the information of the EU’s citizens.
Failure to comply with the regulation can expose a company to fines based on global revenue and reputation damage, yet many companies are struggling to comply in time.
Join information security expert and CEO/Founder of AsTech Consulting, Greg Reber, as he walks participants through a plan for GDPR compliance.
Key points will include:
- What GDPR is and who it applies to
- The importance of compliance and possible consequences of non-compliance
- Obtaining consent to collect, process and store personal information
- Requests to delete, access, transfer or update personal information
- Conducting a Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA)
- Dealing with a data breach