A comprehensive background investigation can do far more than a simple background check. It can identify wide-ranging information about a person’s past.
But the findings don’t always tell the whole story. Thorough analysis of the data is necessary to help identify red flags and red herrings as well as help to make informed decisions or avoid disastrous ones.
Brian Willingham, expert investigator and founder of Diligentia Group, discusses the elements of a comprehensive background investigation.
- Gathering personal and professional information on a subject
- Examining regulatory issues related to a subject
- Uncovering assets and determining financial status
- Gathering human intelligence
- Investigating media and internet activity
- Uncovering a subject’s business interests
- Researching someone’s criminal and civil case history