The goal of an investigation interview is to get the facts and get to the truth. When conducting investigation interviews, there are certain signals that investigators need to watch for in order to detect deception.
Expert investigator and CFE Don Rabon shares strategies on detecting deception during investigation interviews.
- Physical indicators
- The types of deception
- Tips for identifying deception
- Determining where and how the interviewee is deceiving you
- What to do once you’ve identified an area of deception
- Why it’s important to understand why people do what they do
- The importance of the language used by the interviewee